I want to send a big Thank You to the Alaska OT Association for hosting my CAN EAT conference last weekend. The OT’s and SLP’s that attended were such a wonderful group and really hung in there for every minute of our jammed pack 2 days together.
Special thanks to…
- to Jenny A whom I have affectionally nicknamed “Jenny Alaska” who arranged much of the course and took the time to be our tour guide taking us hiking in the mountains, to the top of a ski slope, and to the Alaska museum so we could learn a bit about Alaska’s history!
- to Terri A who chauffeured us to and from the course, brought us coffee, and drove us around looking for Moose.
- to the speech therapist that volunteered her son as our demo patient which served as a very real example of how complicated feeding problems can be and how stressful they are for caregivers.
- to the Attendees who asked good questions, shared their expertise and generated discussion.
- to my friend Pat who made the trip extra special by coming with me!
I am very lucky to have a job that allows me to travel to new places and connect with therapists where we can share ideas and learn together. I fell in love with the beauty and vastness of this wonderful place as well at the generosityof all the people I met. I definitely want to go back- in the summer when it’s green and I can go to the coast to see whales!
Thank you Alaska!